Reporting to the Underwriting and Claims Manager, the role holder will be responsible for the day to day management of the claims with respect to the portfolios or/and branches allocated to them and will report to the Assistant Claims Manager.
- Management of day to day Claims Operations for allocated portfolio
- Working with Underwriters, clients, branch Insurance teams and other Third party providers to ensure strict adherence to set guidelines.
- Ensure all claims are processed and settled within the turnaround times stipulated in the Service Level Agreement for each underwriter
- Ensure timely submission of claim documents and other requisite documents to insurers
- Ensuring premium is collected as per the laid down procedures on all claims being processed by Underwriters.
- Provide technical guidance and claims management support including regular updates to Branch Insurance Teams and clients
- Continuously offer information and recommendations to the Claims and Underwriting Manager on process flaws that need to be reviewed to improve efficiency
- Keep management updated on relevant issues arising in claims management that could impact the business and escalate difficult claims within expected timelines.
Candidate’s Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
- A Business related university degree from a recognized institution
- At least 3 years’ experience in the management of motor and non-motor claims in the insurance industry preferably within an insurance intermediary or Bancassurance
- AIIK Diploma or ACII Professional Qualification will be an added advantage.
Desired Skills and Ability:
- Mature team player with good interpersonal skills
- Good planning and organization skills with the ability to deliver effectively under strict deadlines
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office and insurance related systems
- Excellent Communication and report writing skills
- Strong negotiation and problem solving skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- A calm and assertive manner when dealing with complaints / difficult claims
- Strong influencing skills, with an ability to develop working relationships with a wide range of internal and external partners
- High levels of integrity and ability to handle client information with utmost confidentiality
The above positions are demanding roles for which the Bank will provide a competitive package for the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered your application must be received by Friday, 26th May, 2017
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: In the event that you are successful, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA Pin Card
- Birth Certificate of self
- Passport Photo (White Background)
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Certificate of Good Conduct (less than 5 Months old)
- Academic and Professional certificates, including official transcripts
- Certificates of Service as applicable
|Job Category||Banking & Micro-finance|