Category: Information Technology
Type: Open-ended, Full-time
International Role: Yes
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The IT Manager III role is responsible for managing and maintaining global IT processes and standards relevant to their area. They manage one or more IT processes within one functional area and provide services to one or more global field office locations.
Individuals within the IT leadership job family have responsibility for activities that contribute to planning, creating and implementing an IT vision and strategy aligned with the companys strategic business plan. They oversee the development of corporate standards, technology architecture, technology evaluation and transfer. They manage small to large teams of people responsible for developing and delivering IT solutions for the business and customers. Each role within this job family provides technical and business leadership to their organizations as well as to the business.
IT Leaders are also responsible for analyzing trends in technology, assessing the impact of emerging technologies on the business, providing solutions to address technology and business issues, and managing financial resources while ensuring the development of high-quality technology solutions. These solutions must be developed at the best possible cost and be aligned with customer and business needs while establishing relationships with employees and key internal and external stakeholders. They are also responsible for participating and leading the development of an IT governance framework that defines the working relationships and sharing of IT components among various IT groups within the organization.
To be successful, individuals must possess a combination of business, technical and leadership skills and competencies. This requires an understanding of clients business needs, processes and functions. They also need a solid knowledge of IT infrastructure, architecture, applications development and support, networks, and computer operations. In addition, individuals working in this job family must have excellent communication skills and the ability to influence others.
Business and IT Strategy:
- Develops the tactical components and strategies to achieve goals at an enterprise level.
- Works with business partners to understand business needs.
- Manages the development and implementation of IT initiatives to support business strategy.
- Articulates change.
- Is active and visible throughout the change process.
- Provides frequent, communication to department/organization and clients about the change (i.e., rationale, expected outcomes, the “big” picture) and the impact of the change (individual and business).
- Builds a coalition of sponsorship (managers, staff and clients) and manages resistance to the change.
- Identifies and removes obstacles to change.
- Leads or participates in a customer advisory board to manage IT services demand.
- Communicates client’s needs and priorities and provides feedback on pricing and investment.
- Provides input to technology planning within multiple functional areas.
- Implements solutions consistent with current and future architecture.
- Manages the improvement processes that impact customer satisfaction and relationships.
- Owns the designated processes and is accountable for ensuring that established processes are followed.
- Participates in the development of IT budgets.
- Tracks and takes appropriate steps to stay within budget.
- Provides high-quality services at optimal cost to customers.
- Measures service performance and implements improvements.
IT Technology Development:
- Directs the development and implementation of technology solutions required to increase business efficiency and effectiveness.
Service Level Agreements (SLAs):
- Participates and provides input to the SLA development process.
- Ensures internal SLAs are met.
- Provides advice and counsel to the vendor relationship decision-making and contract development processes.
- Reviews service provider performance.
- Identifies and confirms performance problems and notifies contract managers.
- Meets regularly with team to gather work statuses.
- Discusses work progress and obstacles.
- Provides advice, guidance, encouragement and constructive feedback.
- Ensures work, information, ideas, and technology flow freely across teams.
- Establishes measurable individual and team objectives that are aligned with business and organizational goals.
- Documents and presents performance assessments.
- Recognizes and rewards associates commensurate with performance.
- Implements organizational practices for staffing, EEO, diversity, performance management, development, reward and recognition, and retention.
- Identifies the roles, skills and knowledge required to achieve goals.
- Ensures staff has the resources and skills needed to support all work initiatives within a limited number of COCs or functions.
- Participates in IT workforce deployment activities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Security or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
- Requires experience in supervising and building relationships with people at a variety of levels.
- Typically has 7 to 10 years of IT Security and business work experience.
- Requires demonstrated ability to launch and deliver a single IT project on time and within budget.
- On-hands security operations experience.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English.
- CISSP desired.
- CISA desired.
- A minimum of 2+ years managing high performance information security teams or projects.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time.
How to Apply
Apply online at World Vission International wvi.org
|Job Category||IT & Telecoms|