We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Home Technology and Customer Support Department within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Senior Manager – Home Technology and Customer Support the position holder will provide technical leadership and be a single point of contact in the support for content infrastructure and Home solutions and products.
The person will also be responsible for developing and continuously reviewing end to end processes and test home products with the aim to ensuring quality and right products always reach the customer.
Home Technical Support Manager Job Responsibilities
- Fault management: Handle escalations from the first line teams on complex application layer faults and escalate the stubborn faults to vendors.
- Participate in home product and solutions testing consistently in order to ensure quality products/solutions are always available to customers.
- Liaising with internal and external field teams to ensure the physical infrastructure is of the highest quality to guarantee the high customer and network availability SLAs.
- Liaising with content and infrastructure partners as well as various internal teams in provision of innovative, superior and unmatched customer experience through support of the content infrastructure resources.
- Advice and provide input to planning team based on trends and statistics from customer behavior and issues with the view to continuously improve the customer quality of experience
- Knowledge management: Always improve the team skills while leveraging on new tools and technologies that will lead to efficient operations.
- Participate in projects related to optimization of home solutions.
- Perform content infrastructure acceptance and service integration
- Network topology documentation and improvement.
- Inventory management of devices, tools and IP parameters (addresses, Vlans etc.)
- Implement technical support policies and procedures and continuously review effectiveness of the existing processes and procedures.
- Track QOS affecting parameters e.g. utilization, jitter and latencies between the customer CPEs or terminals to the Central Office (CO)
- Ensure security of Home solutions by implementing proactive/preventive measures that will ensure customer solutions are always protected against intrusion.
Requirements for the Home Technical Support Manager Job
- Degree from a recognized university in Computer Science, BSc Electronics, Telecom or the Engineering field.
- At least Five years’ experience in technical support and a minimum of two years technical support management experience, preferably in an Internet Service provider, enterprise environment or equivalent.
- Proven customer service/support skills with internal and external customers
- Strong technical analysis, troubleshooting, and problem resolution skills, including research of customer issues, issue re-creation, and log file analysis
- Involvement in implementing and supporting products and solutions in an enterprise environment, ISP or equivalent.
- Effective use of people and performance management tools to meet quality targets
- Working knowledge of process improvement practices.
How to Apply
|Job Category||IT & Telecoms|